Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tumkur Calling..

I know the title would surprise a lotta you, but what your thinking is not the case. No, no i dont have any arrears or 'suppliiieeess' left in me. Thankfully, I managed to graduate in 4 yrs flat (surprising myself in the process....). The month of April however, exudes a different atmosphere in college. For those who've done B.E across Karnataka, most of you would've guessed by now....yes, it cult. fest time !!!
Halcyon - 06 is calling, and I wont disappoint it or myself. So off I am, tonight to the place I once used to dread going to. Same time last year, when I was driving down to tumkur, I'd told Bipin - 'Man, this surely must be the first time, I'm excited about going to Tumkur'. Today I guess, is the 2nd occasion only....
If not for my boss, I should've landed there last night itself. You always can't have the cake and eat it too, they say. No wonder, I'm still here, while Halcyon would be kicking off in about 2 hours time. Some of you might be wondering, why this great attachment to a cult. fest afterall.....
Frankly, I'm wondering too. Its my 5th Halcyon I've been associated with, in some way or the other, playing a major role in event management on 3 occasions (2nd, 3rd & 4th year). Won my share of prizes as well, had my share of fun (actually, its not over yet...), met my share of new ppl (actually...even that's not over yet...), but, there's still that longing feeling within me. Dunno when it'll die down, maybe next year I assume, cuz' then for sure - I wont be knowing too many present students in college...
Anyway, so as it stands, I'm just longing for tonight, to pack my bags, hop onto that bike and head out to de land !!!! Looking fwd to a gala time during JAM, Mockpress, Extempore, Dumb Charades..............etc etc..... Every utter of the word Halcyon send the shivers through me. I've come to believe now, that it runs in my blood. There's this real flood of thoughts which pour in, right from - giving the Vote of Thanks in 2004, to staying awake till 5 AM on the eve of Halcyon making sure everything was in place, to winning cash..hard cash in JAM n' debate, to goofing up, bigtime in DC last year, when we were asked to participate as a Guest Entry, to be chased by cops @ midnight and to feel 10 bikes, rip through the streets on their way to DD hills, to sitting atop DD hills at 4 AM stone drunk with about 20 friends for company, to jammin' in the basketball court to some hit western music ........! Jeeeezzzzz.... I'm thinking, should I report in sick to office today !!!!
Nevertheless, something is better than nothing, its said. For sure, I know, not much can be achieved at work today.....but who cares....
So off I am to the village - which to a large extent has moulded me into the person I am today, hoping to give back to it and college a part of what they've given me...
Back to the hustle - bustle of the city on Sunday, and part 2 of this shall follow then....
Or actually, maybe even before, cuz' I've just come to learn, that hostels in the village - are Wi-Fi enabled......Wooooohhhh.....
Tataaaaaaaa........

Tumkur - I'm coming over....

8 comments:

APUGONNAB said...

Oh! So, thats the plan..I dont want to burst your bubble..we could meet some other time.. you have fun in tumkur!!

Whats with the word verification? Arghhh!

APUGONNAB said...

O, so, you got to get blog owners approal now? My mY...all in a days work huh?!

Quintessential said...

Dude..this aptly reflects the love for institution which somehow always lies dormant when u r a student but grows on after u have left ur alma mater. Makes me think more about my graduation days n those festival times n sleepless nights during planning those events.

AJ{ax} said...

@ aparna - jeez man...i was just fooling around with de settings...heheh...its back 2 original now..n sweetheart...its cool..im back on sun morn..we shd n we shall catch up on sunday !!! unless uve got other plans...

AJ{ax} said...

shinde - yup yaar...ur bang on....comes back to the same ol' thing man...Its a paradox...complete paradox...the vicious circle of life !!!

APUGONNAB said...

No other plans! am coming - is finalised! c u sun morn!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»