Monday, January 01, 2007

2007 - The road not taken....

Its come....yes..its come....and its the big one for me personally. Yes, 2007 is here and like for many others, its the year of reckoning.. In more ways than one, I've made it that way for myself, but I kinda like it.
As I sat last night on my terrace with some close buddies, sipping on some wine, I stared up at the open laden sky and started to tell myself, "Make it count, make it count!". The theme for me over the next 365 days is simple and I've managed to bring it down to one word, "INDULGE", yes Indulge my friend.
Indulge in what you love doing the most,
Indulge in what you do best,
Indulge in something you've never indulged before.
Indulge, cuz it'll suck you in.
Indulge cuz what you see from the outside, is a bird eye view.
Indulge cuz once you get in, you wont bother coming out.
Indulge cuz now is the time to do so,
Indulge cuz this time will never repeat itself.

Hope I really can live upto it. Lots, infact tons to look forward too. I got quite a bit of feedback for the below poem that I've written, more destructive than constructive. Maybe, it did have some kinda impact on me. Well, not that the bone of contention you guys were using was right, but maybe, it did strike a chord somewhere within me, and I've surely learnt a thing or two from it.

To begin the year on a much much more positive note for me, I started by asking myself, "So whazzup in 2007????"

Firstly and most importantly, is that elusive MBA. A final crack at CAT, and I'll take what I get now. 2008 June - Bschool calling. Which one, I dont know?

Secondly, or rather, should I say, "Jointly first", ACT...ACT....ACT !!!!!!!!!! Yes. I see myself doing atleast 5 more plays this year. Five different characters, ranging from a 8 year old school going boy, to a 18 year old schizophrenic to much much more. Gonna also make my first foray into script writing. Yes, I have two in mind. Put them on paper and then hand them over to someone I think is an able man at direction. Looking forward to making my first short movie / audio visual play in march with the support of my entire Join the dots team. A big big big agenda for me in Q1 2007.


Thirdly, something that has to come back to the professional front doesn't it. Yes, my days are numbered at my job. Can't take it any longer. It's a matter of time, though I try hard not to think on that direction. I really really wanna drive up those high levels of motivation within me again, for whatever limited period it has to stay! Dunno, what it calls for me to do, but I really wanna do it. Wanna stop relating to the TATA Safari ad, where this guy says, " I always felt like quitting every monday morning!" It's something I've been trying to work on for a while now, but presumably, I'm struggling. Need to make it count baby, really need to. Just wanna get on the road back from work everyday thinking, "There was some value addition today, there really was!" It's too short a life to let go of a single day without pleasing your heart, really......
So yes, in pure numbers format, 3 important things to look forward too....and a year from now on, I hope I can come back to read this article and pat myself liightly on my back, "You done it boy, you done it !!!!"

Cheers guys to a eventful 2006 and a much to look forward, 52 weeks of 2007.....
Let the events unfold themselves, but I request thee to put me into a situation, where I'm atleast able to guess, what's unfolding.....

5 comments:

Vibha said...

never had i read a cliche called 'resolution' written so beautifully before...:):):) u are a go getter,,,u are a 'do' er not just a planner..and thats what i love about u...guess what?? got made a 'to do' sheet ...:):) and learning to tick it..thanks to u mite..love ya..:):) [one of the 'to do' is post new blog...and am onto it right now' hee hee]..

AJ{ax} said...

hahahhaha....im not too convinced about the DOer bit....we'll have to wait an entire year for that...call me on 1st jan 08 and i hope i can make you remember this article with pride rather than shame...that infact is the ulterior motive !!! the moment u put something like this on print...the onus is twice as much to live upto it !!

AJ{ax} said...

hahahhaha....im not too convinced about the DOer bit....we'll have to wait an entire year for that...call me on 1st jan 08 and i hope i can make you remember this article with pride rather than shame...that infact is the ulterior motive !!! the moment u put something like this on print...the onus is twice as much to live upto it !!

APUGONNAB said...

Good luck for a good life in 07 Ajay! I am there, if you need anything..

AJ{ax} said...

Thank you sis...Good luck to you too !!!!

Shine on......you crazy diamond.