Friday, May 05, 2006

Arise.... Awake....

One sunny morning;
two weary eyes.
trying to look around;
at what's in sight.

A delirious mind;
living in yesterday.
Tarnished thoughts;
of a chequered past.

A restless body;
A listless soul.
Hackled imaginations;
which never let go.

A wrinkled face;
Some ruffled hair.
A throat gone dry;
personifying despair.

Silence of the world;
music to my ears.
a single ray of light;
hope of a thousand years.

A window half open;
A curtain flying high.
a cool breeze blowing;
kissing my wearied eyes.

the creak of the door;
and a deep slumber shortened.
A nonchalant mind disturbed;
a fictitious dream shattered.....

10 comments:

sandeepmoonka said...

Hey Ajay,

I guess its the materialistic world which makes one believe what the poem talks about.I think if one is honest to himself nothing would deter him or make him feel like this.
May be check a poem on these lines...
http://invinciblemoonka.blogspot.com/2006/03/man-in-mirror.html

AJ{ax} said...

hey.
thanks for that..but this poem is just about the way i feel when i wake up in the morning !! theres nothing more to it than it...
dunno where exactly did the honesty angle come in !! but nevermind...

sandeepmoonka said...

hey,

I meant to say that the pressures of the material world make us think the way u have described in the poem.I think if we try to keep ourselves level headed which has an uncanny relation to be honest to oneself we can keep off such feelings to a greater extent. To be precise enough I dont get pressurised by what the world expects of me, I try to do my best and give my honest efforts thats all :)

AJ{ax} said...

as u like it m8 ! but u can never know what behind those words...every poem has a strong underlying meaning..n thats the toughest thing to perceive !!!
btw..nice blogs..

sandeepmoonka said...

well thats very true, every poem has subtle underlying meaning which is up to the reader to decipher.

btw i m ur coll jr(SIT), 2k5 batch, though never interacted with u in coll.

AJ{ax} said...

yeah..i figured that out after reading ur blogs...

sarinstyle said...

and then ou pick up your dreams once again.
weave into them a thousand colours,
meditate towards the song in your
heart and hopes against hope,
ready yourself for another
walk all alone on the grainy sands
of life.

AJ{ax} said...

@madsnow -
nicely worded pal..

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»