Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Cometh the MAN !!!

I'm back to the place where I belong,
Back to the dust and still very strong,
Reminiscent with lessons learnt all along,
Numb and dumb to everything around...

Oh damn, it sure feels good. The hibernation of 10 months was well called for. Things have changed over this period. You will hear about it in due course of time. "Watch this space" - Muhahahahahha...I'm back to selling myself. Damn, Selling is something we've done since we learnt a language i guess.

Anyway, the trigger to come back here was a different reason altogether. I've completed a "quarter" century today (why does the name quarter "hit" so hard). I am so full of intended puns today. Over these 25 years, I've grown to become what I am today. Experiences, tests, risks have all added to the entire package. As I look back today, there's so much that I know about myself. Yes, the whole journey is about discovering and re-discovering, but I'm happy I've progressed on the discovering bit atleast.

Below are the most important things about myself that I've realized over the last 25 years...It might sound as a repeat of a post which is currently on my blog, but well, this state of being is so dynamic. What you are today and what you are tomorrow may have no co-relation to each other. Hence, having said that, any resemblance to any part of my earlier post on this blog, doesn't necessarily have to be coincidental. It's just that, that thought / feeling / emotion which has been repeated here has persisted for so long and might do so in the future as well. So, in all good spirits, here goes...

- I possess uncanny powers of imagination and I often spend a great deal of my life dreaming with my eyes open. "If only", are two extremely important words in my dictionary. They are my oxygen.
- I believe I have a natural dignity that my seem standoffish.
- When I pray, I believe I resonate with God, and pray I still do, quite very often.
- I have been very discrete about my love life, but I hope to break that barrier soon. Infact, 3 people will vouch for the fact that I've gotten down that road already. One of them might read this blog and have a cheeky grin on his face.
- I have had this uncanny knack of handling romantic disappointment well. For me, a breakup has been a good way to learn more about myself and my relationship with people.
- I have NEVER EVER doubted my own ability to succeed and I care two hoots about how long it will take me to actually succeed. Any uncalled for help / support coming along the way is unsolicited. Well, that's the way I am, rather, have been !
- I believe very little happens by chance. I talk about fate, but I don't think I believe in it too much. For me, it's about ability. Period.
- As much as I don't like it too much, I plan my life meticulously. As a result of which, I'm sometimes devoid of surprises. I hope to change that.
- The corollary to the above point could be that I am quite conservative in my approach to life.
- I am extremely good with money, and I know it :-)
- I take great interest in maintaining a good health. But yes, some things are out of my control, albeit for now !!!
- I am not overtly conscious about my diet, but do take care to not go overboard very often.
- In this journey, I really don't mind taking the longer route. The key for me is to enjoy the journey, not the final destination.
- Up until now, I have sailed through life without connecting deeply to too many people, but the one's I have connected with, it's a hard connection to break.
- Not given to emotional extremes, I don't think I'd cause rancor or great love among family.
- As a child, I had great love for my parents, and as a parent, I am more than sure that I'll have great love for my offspring.
- Having said that, I believe in allowing youngsters to succeed on their own, rather than providing emotional support.
Last, and might just be the least,
- In the company of people, I sometimes create an aura that is far bigger than myself and far larger than life.

Ah, I like this post. It's a mirror image of me. And these points go in to be part of that infamous book which is yet to come, the book that will showcase me to the world, in a package that very few people have ever seen before.

Cheers to this day my friend. Love ye all. This feeling of making a COMEBACK is VERY GOOD.

14 comments:

Aditi Chauhan said...

Oh la la..
Look who's back!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, the best thing anyone experiences is the FEELING of knowing oneself so well!!
Good going boy..........

AJ{ax} said...

oh ho...look who's been reading my blog all along :)

thanks babe...
i gotta tag u soon..u seem to have loads written, that i need to catch up on :)

since when did u start blogging??

Rj said...

the narcissist if back..:D
lets keep going gents...

$UJ!T said...

Nice one brudder!!!!
keep it rolling!!!

AJ{ax} said...

@ rj
It's the MOJO risin'..gotta keep on risin'....

@ king
Never knew that uve started blogging as well...hell..i have a lot to read now !

Unknown said...

Well Well Well!!! what do i say ajax?? im never into blogging and stuff but after reading ur blog, for the first time i felt like blogging...Good one boy!!! Nice to know you a little more closer on completion of ur silver jublee :-)

Cheers!!!

Keep blogging!!!!!

Pooja..

AJ{ax} said...

@ pooja

ah ha look who's here??

blog madam blog - its addictive, its mesmerizing, its ur best friend, its ur memory, it'll make u laugh, it'll make u cry and above all - it'll make you look at urself :)

CandidConfessions said...

Congrats on hitting the 25th! Join the club!!
And you are writing a book?! Good luck with that!

And yeah, I loved the line - "Numb and dumb to everything around..." Spoke my mind!

Aditi Chauhan said...

Been blogging since jan 2007!!
But irregular!
N yeah, now 'm all inspired to write loads toooooooooooooo!!
;-)

AJ{ax} said...

@ candid confessions

thanx...

@ aditi
writing is all we can do..so lets get on with it !!

prachetash said...

Talk about comebacks... this is sure a big one...
but stop selling yourself so shamelessly you bugger!! We all know, you are a great person and a greek god and blaaah blaaah blaah! :)

But good one... and welcome back brother!

AJ{ax} said...

aha...
its not all about selling urself bugger...its also about knowing who you are !!
do you get the point???

anyway, much more coming on more diverse stuff..so lets concentrate on that for now !!

Casperbaba said...

"A Mirror"
this is indeed......

p.s- happy hitting 25! its a good feeling.. muzz confess

AJ{ax} said...

@ prabhjeet,

Thanks bro...